Welcome to Curl Mesabi and the RRCC!
We’re a curling club, event center, and banquet facility located in northeast Minnesota on the Mesabi Iron Range, located at the Range Recreation Civic Center (RRCC), and serving the quad-cities of Eveleth, Gilbert, Mountain Iron and Virginia.
901 Hat Trick Ave, Eveleth, MN (right next to the US Hockey Hall of Fame)
League Play Delayed Until January 4, 2021 (11-12-20)
The Curl Mesabi Board of Directors has made the difficult & painful decision to delay the start of the curling season until after January 4, 2021 for the following reasons:
- Due to increasing COVID-19 cases in St Louis County, protecting the health & safety of our membership is of paramount importance.
- Only about 1/3 of our membership has currently committed to curl. Some who committed earlier are now changing their minds due to increased COVID numbers. With the possibility of low participation numbers, the Club is facing significant financial challenges. For example – at around $10,000 a month, utilities alone take up the lion’s share of membership revenues…even when we have a full membership roster.
- We’ve been monitoring other curling clubs in the state…the “canaries in the coal mine” if you will. Some who already started curling have now had to shut down due to COVID cases in their own clubs. Other clubs have made the same decision we have, to delay the start of the season until after the 1st of the year.
Member registration is temporarily suspended until the start date for league play is determined.
If you would like to join as a social member you can still do so…
Click here for – 2020-2021 Member Registration
When we do get out on the ice, curling is going to look different this season. The ice will look different, and the club will look a bit different.
THANK YOU for reading the COVID-19 guidelines before your 1st time on the ice – our goal is a safe & uninterrupted season.
Click here to see – Curl Mesabi COVID-19 Guidelines
About Curl Mesabi and the RRCC
From November to March – the RRCC is a world class 8-sheet curling arena. Whether you’re just curious about the game and want to come and watch…or want to get out on the ice and “throw a few rocks”, there are many opportunities to enjoy our great winter sport.
- Try out the “roaring game” * at a Burger Night – only $10 for a burger and a game…complete with instruction for the rookies.
- Join a league – options 4 days a week.
- Play in a bonspiel (curling talk for a tournament) – numerous weekends throughout the season.
- Come and watch Mondays thru Thursdays and many weekends – there’s almost always someone around who will explain the game to you. While you’re watching, enjoy a beer at the Free Guard Zone bar, and a burger or nachos from Street Tacos & Eats.
* Why do they call it “the roaring game”?
From April to October – the RRCC is a world class event center and banquet facility offering space on two floors to accommodate groups of 20 or 2000. It’s a perfect space for weddings and/or wedding receptions, class reunions, graduation parties, family reunions, community or corporate events – we can accommodate most any type of event!
Visit our Curl Mesabi Facebook page for current curling information…
Learn more about our frozen winter sport….