Welcome to Curl Mesabi and the RRCC!
We’re a curling club, event center, and banquet facility located in northeast Minnesota on the Mesabi Iron Range, located at the Range Recreation Civic Center (RRCC), and serving the quad-cities of Eveleth, Gilbert, Mountain Iron and Virginia.
901 Hat Trick Ave, Eveleth, MN (right next to the US Hockey Hall of Fame)
Registration now open for 2nd half of Tuesday Split Season League
League runs January 23 – individuals, couples or full teams welcome!
$50 per person – no fee if you are currently a member of Curl Mesabi…
Click here for more information
- Jan 26 & 27 – D.A.R.E. Open Spiel
- Mar 2 to 3 – Curl Mesabi Mixed
- Mar 6 to 7 – Curl Mesabi Senior Spiel
- Mar 9 to 10 – Elk’s Open Bonspiel
- Mar 23 to 24 – Eggy’s Red Garter Open
Curl Mesabi Junior Heading to the U-18 Nationals!
December 29-31, 2017 – Duluth, MN
Team Tuma takes 2nd place in the U-18 MN State Junior Championship, shooting 2nd is our very own Curl Mesabi junior Michael Mattson! After round robin play Team Tuma was tied with Team Fenson with a perfect record of 4-0. The final game was tight, with Team Tuma loosing by only one point at 4-5.
The boys on Team Tuma met each other while attending the junior curling camp held every summer in Blaine. February 20-25 they will be heading to Bemidji for their 2nd appearance in the U-18 National Championship. Best of luck to Michael and his team mates – we’ll all be rootin’ for you!!!
The boys will also be playing in the upcoming Eveleth-Mountain Iron Lions Junior Spiel, January 13-14 at Curl Mesabi.
Special THANKS to the Curl Mesabi Foundation – helping support Michael as he competes at various events.
Team Tuma (left to right)
Kevin Tuma, Skip (St Paul) – Austin Bengston, 3rd (Wilmar) – Michael Mattson, 2nd (Curl Mesabi), Sidney Harris, lead (St Paul) – Reuben Harris, Coach (St Paul)
(click on photo to expand)
CONGRATULATIONS to our USA Olympic Teams – looking forward to watching you in Korea!
Extra big congratulations to the the USA Men’s Coach – our own Curl Mesabi Board President, Phill Drobnick.
About Curl Mesabi and the RRCC
From November to March – the RRCC is a world class 8-sheet curling arena. Whether you’re just curious about the game and want to come and watch…or want to get out on the ice and “throw a few rocks”, there are many opportunities to enjoy our great winter sport.
- Try out the “roaring game” * at a Burger Night – only $10 for a burger and a game…complete with instruction for the rookies.
- Join a league – options 4 days a week.
- Play in a bonspiel (curling talk for a tournament) – numerous weekends throughout the season.
- Come and watch Mondays thru Thursdays and many weekends – there’s almost always someone around who will explain the game to you. While you’re watching, enjoy a beer at the Free Guard Zone bar, and a burger from MariAnne’s Kitchen.
* Why do they call it “the roaring game”?
From April to October – the RRCC is a world class event center and banquet facility offering space on two floors to accommodate groups of 20 or 2000. It’s a perfect space for weddings and/or wedding receptions, class reunions, graduation parties, family reunions, community or corporate events – we can accomodate most any type of event!
Visit our Curl Mesabi Facebook page for current curling information…
Learn more about our frozen winter sport….