Welcome to Curl Mesabi and the RRCC!
We’re a curling club, event center, and banquet facility located in northeast Minnesota on the Mesabi Iron Range, located at the Range Recreation Civic Center (RRCC), and serving the quad-cities of Eveleth, Gilbert, Mountain Iron and Virginia.
901 Hat Trick Ave, Eveleth, MN (right next to the US Hockey Hall of Fame)
New Rocks for the RRCC!!
Have your name, business name, or message engraved on a rock handle! (Deadline May 31, 2020)
Curl Mesabi has purchased 130 new curling stones (8 sheets + two extra) for the RRCC, available for the 2020-2021 season – the cost is $72,300.
CONGRATULATIONS to the Club Mesabi Raffle Winners!!!
March 15, 2020
Season Cancelled – Building Closed – Ice Plant Shut Down
Due to the COVID-19 Virus, the Curl Mesabi Board has canceled the remainder of the curling season. The RRCC is closed and the ice plant has been shut down. This was a difficult decision for the Board, but the safety and well being of our curling family is the highest priority. As a result of this unprecedented decision, the following is being implemented:
THANK YOU for your patience and understanding!
- Top of the League will be determined by standings as of March 15th.
- There will be no Club Championship.
General Membership Meeting
- The spring GMM is cancelled.
- Board elections are postponed until the next membership meeting (probably in the fall). Those Board members with expiring terms will remain on the Board until the next election.
Need Something from the Club? The Building will be Open:
- Contact Barb Hovet to make special arrangements at 218-780-1819 or email@example.com
About Curl Mesabi and the RRCC
From November to March – the RRCC is a world class 8-sheet curling arena. Whether you’re just curious about the game and want to come and watch…or want to get out on the ice and “throw a few rocks”, there are many opportunities to enjoy our great winter sport.
- Try out the “roaring game” * at a Burger Night – only $10 for a burger and a game…complete with instruction for the rookies.
- Join a league – options 4 days a week.
- Play in a bonspiel (curling talk for a tournament) – numerous weekends throughout the season.
- Come and watch Mondays thru Thursdays and many weekends – there’s almost always someone around who will explain the game to you. While you’re watching, enjoy a beer at the Free Guard Zone bar, and a burger or nachos from Street Tacos & Eats.
* Why do they call it “the roaring game”?
From April to October – the RRCC is a world class event center and banquet facility offering space on two floors to accommodate groups of 20 or 2000. It’s a perfect space for weddings and/or wedding receptions, class reunions, graduation parties, family reunions, community or corporate events – we can accommodate most any type of event!
Visit our Curl Mesabi Facebook page for current curling information…
Learn more about our frozen winter sport….